Summer in Cincy is always a good time. From fireworks to festivals to outdoor fun, find things to do on Labor Day Weekend in Cincinnati and celebrate the end of summer in Cincy style.
Labor Day Weekend fireworks
Fireworks shows that light up the sky to celebrate the end of summer!
Western & Southern/WEBN Fireworks (photo: @regnargc)
- Western-Southern/WEBN Riverfest: (9/3): Send off summer at Cincinnati’s annual Riverfest culminating with Western & Southern/WEBN Fireworks. The free, day-long party features music, food, and live music at Sawyer Point & Yeatman's Cove on Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Fireworks start at 9:05 pm on both sides of the Ohio River. One of the largest pyrotechnic shows in the Midwest is synchronized with the soundtrack on WEBN (102.7 FM) We will have an event listing for this when it gets closer.
- Riverfest Fireworks Cruise (9/3): Set sail with BB Riverboats for their annual Labor Day cruise with the perfect view of the Riverfest fireworks!
Live music and performing arts on Labor Day Weekend in Cincy
From free concerts to classic country music, catch a show in Cincy over Labor Day Weekend.
- Fifth & Vine Live (9/2): Dance along to free live music at Fountain Square during this free summer music series
- Friday Flow (9/1): Enjoy free live R&B music at Washington Park
- Kentucky Symphony Orchestra (9/3): Catch the finale of Kentucky Symphony Orchestra’s free outdoor summer series on September 3. Bring your lawn chairs and relax while you enjoy this performance featuring TV theme songs from the 1950s through the 1990s (heavy on the ‘60-70s). Following intermission, the KSO re-lives the age of Saturday morning cartoons with themes from the Animaniacs to Rocky and Bullwinkle. The evening ends with the KSO accompanying full-length Pink Panther, Bugs Bunny, and Tom and Jerry cartoons live on screen.
- Ring of Fire: The Music of Johnny Cash (Weekly) Hit musical that follows Cash’s early life in Arkansas and moves to Memphis as he launches his music career, hits it big, and marries the love of his life, June Carter. You’ll hear crowd-pleasing renditions of Cash’s musical catalog, including “I Walk the Line,” “Folsom Prison Blues,” “I’ve Been Everywhere” and, of course, “Ring of Fire.”
Cincinnati sporting events over Labor Day Weekend
Cheer on the home teams as you celebrate summer over Labor Day Weekend!
- FC Cincinnati (9/2): Cincinnati’s pro soccer club takes on Orlando City at TQL Stadium. Join the pre-match party at Washington Park and march with FC superfans into the stadium for the local experience.
- Cincinnati Reds (9/1-9/3): Reds vs the Chicago Cubs at Great American Ballpark
Stroll and shop at one of Cincinnati’s open-air markets
Flowers, produce, antiques, art, and more–there’s so much to see at Cincinnati’s markets.
- Findlay Market (daily): The historic market and the outdoor Biergarten are open six days a week (closed Monday). Browse the farmers market vendors as well as the permanent vendors inside the market house and enjoy a locally crafted beer in the Biergarten to cool off.
- Art on Vine (9/2): this popular market returns to Fountain Square with upwards of 80 vendors featuring handmade and artistic goods.
- Tri-State Antique Market (9/3) - 30-minute day trip west of downtown Cincinnati to shop for one-of-a-kind antiques during the Tri-State Antique Market event! Located at the Lawrenceburg Fairgrounds, the Tri-State Antique Market is one of Indiana’s largest antiques and vintage-only markets. Explore over 200 vendors who are selling a wide variety of vintage and retro goods.
Enjoy the great outdoors in Cincy
Cincy Red Bike (photo: Louis Rideout)
There are plenty of ways to relax and chill out with friends and family in the great outdoors this holiday weekend.
- Grab some takeout and a frisbee and head to one of the many parks in the region that offer majestic views and ample green space. Throw some discs at Idlewild Disc Golf Course or head north for a leisurely hike in Sharon Woods.
- Stroll through downtown Cincinnati and see how many murals you can spot along the way. There are more than 180 ArtWorks murals throughout the region to enjoy.
- Rent a Red Bike and cruise along the riverfront or explore Cincinnati neighborhoods.
- And don't forget to make reservations to enjoy a delicious meal on a lovely patio.
More things to do during the summer in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky
Here are some more refreshing and reenergizing activities to consider as you safely savor this last weekend of summer in the Cincy Region.
- Consider some of these can't-miss things to do in Cincy.
- Let the kids explore, play or cool off at these kid-friendly attractions.
- Spend the day exploring the Ark Encounter including petting animals at the Ararat Ridge Zoo and ziplining at Eagle Aerial Adventures.
- Create your own beer adventure at some of the local craft breweries.
- Have fun without spending a dime at some of these free attractions.
Whether you're a local planning a staycation or coming to Cincinnati for the long weekend, start planning your trip and find a place to stay for your Labor Day Weekend getaway to Cincy.