The Fourth of July weekend is booming with excitement in Cincinnati. From Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour to fireworks shows, find something fun to do in Cincinnati over the holiday weekend.
*Blog post is updated annually
BB Riverboats (photo: BB Riverboats)
Special events happening over the 4th of July Weekend in Cincinnati
From professional sports to Taylor Swift's Eras Tour, there’s so much to do over the holiday weekend!
FC Cincinnati (7/1): Cincy’s pro soccer team takes on the New England Revolution at TQL Stadium
Indie Fridays at Fountain Square (Fridays through September): Free weekly music series featuring up-and-coming indie musicians
Cincinnati Reds home games (6/30-7/2) – Watch the Reds take on the San Diego Padres Cubs at Great American Ball Park. Friday 6/30, stick around for the post-game fireworks display over the Ohio River. The series continues July 1-2.
July 4 Celebrations and fireworks in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky
Looking for fireworks on the 4th of July? Find incredible fireworks shows around Cincy to celebrate Independence Day.
Fireworks Friday at Great American Ball Park (photo: @sohamparikh1)
- Red, White and BOOM with Cincinnati Pops (7/4) – John Morris Russell leads the Cincinnati Pops in a showcase of American favorites at Riverbend Music Center, followed by a post-concert fireworks display.
- Fireworks at Kings Island (7/4) – Fireworks light up the sky above the Kings Island Eiffel Tower at 10 p.m. The park stays open until midnight to enjoy even more thrills.
- 4th of July Celebration featuring Derek Alan Band (7/4): Celebrate the 4th with fireworks, food, and country music at the City of Edgewood’s 4th of July Celebration featuring the Derek Alan Band.
- Ault Park Fourth of July Celebration (7/4): Celebrate the Fourth of July at Ault Park with the 57th Annual Independence Day Fireworks event. With live music, food trucks, activities, and fireworks, there will be fun for the whole family. The night ends with an exciting and colorful firework display!
- Ft. Thomas Independence Day Celebration (7/4): Celebrate the 4th with a 5k, parade, live music, fireworks, and more!
Outdoor things to do this weekend
Whether you’re looking to go for a river cruise or take a hike, find fun things to do outdoors in Cincinnati over the holiday weekend.
U-Pick the Lavender Field (6/30-7/2): Frolic in the lavender fields of Northern Kentucky, shop fresh lavender bundles, and enjoy lavender goodies like lavender lemonade, lavender honey, and more.
Take a hike: Enjoy the great outdoors with one of these easy and family-friendly hikes in Cincy
Enjoy the view: Cincy’s rolling hills offer some incredible views of the Cincinnati skyline and Ohio River. Pack a picnic and check out these parks for the best views.
Independence Day Cruise (7/3) – Step aboard BB Riverboats for an All-American dining cruise on the Ohio River. The riverboat travels to Coney Island for Larosa's Balloon Glow festivities and a spectacular fireworks show.
Find more things to do this summer in Cincinnati
Whether you're spending time with the whole family or just on a couple's adventure for the Fourth, there’s so much to do in Cincy in the summer.
- Check out these can't-miss things to do in Cincy.
- Let the kids play at these kid-friendly attractions.
- Shop for gourmet goodies at historic Findlay Market.
- Create your own beer adventure at the best craft breweries in Cincy.
- Have fun without spending a dime at these free attractions.
Check out our Cincy Region events calendar for more and start planning your Cincy adventure!