Accolades and awards
A destination that’s raved about
National accolades keep coming for Visit Cincy as a premier destination for conventions, meetings and leisure travel. From USA Today, CNN.com and Esquire to U.S. News & World Report, media outlets the world over are recognizing Cincinnati as a top destination for travelers of all ages and a community that celebrates diversity, innovation, arts, culture and quality of life.
An Extraordinary Place to Live, Work, Study & Retire
- In 2022, U.S. News & World Report ranked Cincinnati #1 in Best Places to Live in Ohio, 41st in Best Places to Live in the U.S., 70th in Best Places to Retire and 22nd in cheapest places to live.
- In 2022, Cincinnati placed #1 on SmartAsset’s ranking of the Best Cities for New College Grads for the 4th year in a row.
- In 2022, The Ascent by Motley Fool ranked Cincinnati #5 on its list of Best Midwest Cities for Millennials.
- Bankrate.com ranked Cincinnati #3 on its 2022 list of the Best Places for First-Time Homebuyers.
- The non-profit Trust for Public Land ranked Cincinnati #4 out of the 100 most populous cities in the U.S. on its 2022 list of Cities with the Best Parks, citing its research that found 88% of Cincinnati residents live within a 10-minute walk from a park.
- Cincinnati received a Perfect Score on the HRC Index for its commitment to gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender equality. The Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index is the national benchmarking tool on corporate policies, practices and benefits pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer employees.
- The Street named Cincinnati #14 on its 2022 list of The Best Cities for Living an Active Lifestyle.
- Site Selection Magazine recognized the Cincinnati Region as one of its 2021 Top-10 Metros for Corporate Facility Investment in multiple categories as part of its 2021 Governor’s Cup Awards. Cincinnati ranked #7 in total investment projects and #2 in projects per capita.
- Cincinnati ranked #8 on Glassdoor's list of Best Cities for Jobs in 2017, based on hiring opportunities, cost of living and job satisfaction.
A Travel Destination That’s Fun, Friendly & Unforgettable
- In a 2022 report by WalletHub, Cincinnati was named the 9th Best Summer Travel Destination, beating every other major city in Ohio. Cincinnati also ranked in the Top 10 in WalletHub's list of the cheapest U.S. locations that are also easy to reach.
- The Queen City ranked #13 out of 150 U.S. cities in 2017’s Most Fun Cities in America list from WalletHub.
- Smart Meetings ranked Cincinnati #4 on its 2021 list of the 7 Friendliest U.S. Cities for Recreation.
- In 2018, Smart Meetings featured Cincinnati as one of its 9 Destinations on the Rise, the only U.S. city included on the list.
- Travel + Leisure listed Cincinnati among the 50 Best Places to Travel in 2017. Cincinnati was the first of only seven U.S. cities to be included in the roundup.
- The New York Times listed Cincinnati at #8 on its list of 52 Places to Visit in 2018.
- Lonely Planet ranked Cincinnati #5 on its list of the Ten Best U.S. Destinations to Visit in 2018.
- The Skytrax World Airport Survey rated CVG the #1 best regional airport in North America in 2020.
A Culinary Dream in the Heart of the Midwest
- Cincinnati was named one of America's Next Great Food Cities in 2022 by Food & Wine, which called Cincinnati one of the “most exciting up-and-coming destinations for food lovers.”
- WalletHub ranked Cincinnati #21 out of 182 U.S. on its list of the Best Foodie Cities in America in 2021.
- SmartAsset ranked Cincinnati #4 out of the 366 rated cities in its 2021 list of the Best Cities for Beer Drinkers.
- Real Estate Witch conducted a 2021 study to determine the 50 Best Beer Cities in America, and Cincinnati ranked #11.
A Sports Fan's Paradise
- Cincinnati continues to become a burgeoning soccer market as it ranked as One of the Nation's Top 20 Cities for Soccer, according to WalletHub in 2017.
- Cincinnati ranked #9 among 245 U.S. cities – and #1 in Ohio – in WalletHub’s report on 2022’s Best Cities for Football Fans.
Earning the Trust of a Generation of Meeting Planners
Visit Cincy (formerly the Cincinnati USA Convention & Visitors Bureau) has received the following awards, all based on voting by professional meeting planners:
- Platinum Choice Award by Smart Meetings magazine. The Platinum Choice Awards - a coveted industry honor with winners selected by top meeting professionals and Smart Meetings readers
- Gold Service Award by Meetings and Conventions magazine In addition, the CVB was awarded the Gold Awards Hall of Fame.
- Successful Meetings Pinnacle Award
- "Award of Excellence" from Corporate & Incentive Travel
- Middy Awards from Ohio Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus (OACVB)
- Ruby Awards from Ohio Travel Association (OTA)
- Public Relations Society America (PRSA) Blacksmith Award Finalist 2007
- 2021 Paul Sherlock Legend Award to Randie Adam, Visit Cincy’s Vice President of Marketing & Visitor Experience. The Award is the Ohio travel industry’s highest honor, recognizing one individual each year who exemplifies professional, personal and career excellence.
Convention Centers & Event Space for Every Meeting Opportunity
- In 2022, MeetingSource ranked Cincinnati among its Top 25 Convention Cities in the U.S.
- The Duke Energy Convention Center earned the Facilities & Destinations Prime Site Award in 2012, 2013 & 2014.
- Exhibitor Magazine named the Duke Energy Convention Center one of the Top 30 Convention Centers in North America in 2020, 2021, and 2022
- The Sharonville Convention Center has been awarded LEED Silver certification established by the U.S. Building Council (USGBC) and verified by the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI).
Thank you for considering Cincy for your next meeting or event. Our sales team is ready to assist you with your proposal. To get started, please choose one of the following options. Read More