SHARONVILLE, OH - Mayor Kevin Hardman announced today that an affiliate of Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) has entered into a franchise agreement with an affiliate of Rolling Hills Hospitality for a Hyatt Place hotel. The upscale select service hotel will be connected to the Sharonville Convention Center, located in the Northern Lights Entertainment District.
Construction of Hyatt Place Sharonville/Convention Center is expected to begin in the fall of 2015. The six-story, contemporary metal and glass building will feature:
- 120 guestrooms, all of which will feature a swiveling 42-inch HDTV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed®, Cozy Corner sectional sofa, mini-fridge, and a separate work space
- Free Wi-Fi and remote printing everywhere, plus hard-wired access will be available in each and every guestroom for seamless and secure access
- More than 2,000 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space with audio visual equipment, that will complement the Sharonville Convention Center meeting space
- Complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet TM breakfast for guests, that will feature freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, a variety of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breads, premium coffee and an assortment of juices
- Indoor, saltwater swimming pool and 24-hour Gym with Life Fitness® cardio equipment
- 24/7 Gallery Menu and a Coffee to Cocktails Bar that will serve Starbucks® specialty coffees and teas, premium beer, wine, and cocktails
“We are thrilled to welcome the Hyatt Place brand to the Northern Lights District,” said Sharonville Mayor Kevin Hardman. “In addition to the approximately 75 jobs that the hotel will create once it is opened, the hotel will also bring many other economic benefits to our community.”
“Hyatt Place Sharonville/Convention Center will bring a new and dynamic product to the marketplace, and is a great example of our continued focus on growing premium hotels that will attract business and leisure travelers alike,” said Mark Younadam, director of real estate and development for Hyatt. “I want to offer my congratulations and thanks to Mayor Hardman and everyone at the Sharonville Convention Center and the City of Sharonville who collaborated with us in order to bring this development to fruition.”
“The arrival of Hyatt Place Sharonville/Convention Center provides a superior enhancement to our world class convention center. Our customers are thrilled to have an opportunity to contain their events and hotel needs all under one roof. This is a one-of-a-kind amenity that allows us to continue to build and grow economic impact for our community and Hamilton County,” said Jim Downton, Executive Director of the Sharonville Convention Center.
“Our next step to this development is to secure additional full service restaurants for the district. These restaurants are critical to satisfying the current and future demand of our hotels, convention center and Princeton’s Viking Village,” said Chris Xeil Lyons, Economic Development Director for the City of Sharonville.
The Princeton School District will soon be home to the sixth largest public school facility in the state. The new campus will feature a 2,500 seat, arena style gymnasium, a 1,000 seat performance theater and a 500 seat natatorium. The district is scheduled to host several regional and national events. “We envision Northern Lights to be the premier destination for corporate, performance and sports visitors,” continued Lyons.
About Hyatt Place
Launched in 2006, the Hyatt Place brand brings authentic hospitality to the upscale service hotel category for which Hyatt is known. Inspired by the 24/7 lifestyle of multitasking travelers, Hyatt Place combines style with casual hospitality; featuring spacious guestrooms with the Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper, free Wi-Fi everywhere, 24/7 Gallery Menu, Coffee to Cocktails Bar, and free hot breakfast for guests. The Odds & Ends program also has guests covered with items they may have forgotten and can buy, borrow or enjoy for free. Specially trained Gallery Hosts are on hand to offer assistance with everything from directions to check-in to a freshly made meal.
Hyatt Place, a brand of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, offers more than 215 locations in the United States, Armenia, China, Costa Rica, India, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Netherlands, and United Arab Emirates. For Hyatt Place information or to make a reservation, call 1-888-HYATT-HP (888-492-8847) or visit www.HyattPlace.com.